The Transport and Research and Innovation Monitoring and Information System (TRIMIS) have published their latest status report on Transport Research and Innovation in the EU.
TRIMIS is an open-access knowledge management system that consists of a large database of EU-funded and nationally-funded transport research projects and programmes, together with an inventory of transport technologies and innovations. It provides an assessment of technology trends and transport R&I capacities in the EU, as well as developing analytical tools relevant to the European transport system. It is an important resource and acts as a central hub for transport researchers and policy makers all over Europe. Therefore, it is a relevant source of information for many Eltis users.
The portal supports the implementation and monitoring of the European Commission’s Strategic Transport Research and Innovation Agenda (STRIA) that outlines future transport research and innovation (R&I) priorities to decarbonise the European transport sector. The seven STRIA roadmaps that outline priority areas with specific actions for future R&I are:
- Cooperative, connected and automated transport
- Transport electrification
- Vehicle design and manufacturing
- Low-emission alternative energy for transport
- Network and traffic management systems
- Smart mobility and services
The report released by the Joint Research Centre (JRC) (part of the European Commission) provides the second overview of the TRIMIS database, assessing the status of transport R&I in the seven thematic areas as defined by STRIA. Since the last overview, the database includes over 9% more projects, covers information on transport technologies and organisations, while steps are made to include data on patents and publications. These developments bolster TRIMIS’ capabilities to monitor the progress of STRIA.
The final report can be found here.
- Publication date
- 22 August 2019
- Autonomous and connected vehiclesClean and energy-efficient vehiclesCollective passenger transportIntermodalityMobility managementMonitoring and evaluationPolicy and researchSafety and urban mobilityShared mobilityTraffic and demand managementTransport for people with reduced mobilityUrban freight/city logisticsUrban mobility planningWalking and cycling