The application deadline has been extended for this year's CIVITAS Awards! Towns and cities are invited to apply by the new date of 31 July 2019 to be in with a chance of winning Europe's most prestigious prizes for clean, urban transport.
The Awards provide a unique platform for towns and cities to demonstrate their pioneering sustainable urban mobility activities. Winning towns and cities enjoy Europe-wide exposure of their work and become role models that inspire others to go for greener mobility. The Awards are open to all towns and cities that have signed the CIVITAS Declaration and are members of the CIVITAS Forum Network. If your town or city is not yet a Forum member, please complete and sign the CIVITAS Forum Declaration.
Applicants can win prizes in four categories, with entries in multiple categories possible:
- The “Bold Measure" award, which rewards a daring approach that has yet to be widely implemented and examples of ambition leading to successful outcomes;
- The “Stakeholder Engagement” award, which rewards a city that has successfully engaged with relevant stakeholders (e.g. citizens, NGOs, and the private sector) to tackle a local urban mobility challenge;
- The "CIVITAS Legacy" award, which rewards a town or city that has translated its commitment to the CIVITAS network and sustainable mobility into high-impact, innovative measures; and,
- The “Transformation” award, which rewards a town or city that has used mobility measures to transform itself into a smarter and more liveable environment.
The winner will be chosen by the CIVITAS Political Advisory Committee. As is tradition, the CIVITAS Awards Ceremony will take place at the CIVITAS Forum, which this year is taking place from 2-4 October in Graz (Austria). All application forms are available on the .
Best of luck to all applicants!
- Publication date
- 23 July 2019
- Collective passenger transportIntermodalityMobility managementPublic and stakeholder involvementUrban mobility planning